Vermont is a beautiful state to live in. It is full of opportunity for business, for outdoor enthusiasts and for raising a family. Along ‘the west coast of New England’ is Vermont’s Champlain Valley. Its geography, culture, history, and climate create an award-winning environment of special quality and unparalleled beauty. Lake Champlain (sometimes called America’s 6th Great Lake) provides a wealth of recreational opportunities in summer: sailing, swimming, water-skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, boating, and windsurfing. In addition bike paths, trails, and parks are found practically in every town. Fantastic views of the brilliant lake and rolling foothills, as well as the Green and Adirondack Mountains are never far from sight.
Champlain Valley’s Largest Employers
Donahue & Associates believes in the importance of local non-profit organizations and are proud to have supported many non-profits in our community:
- The University of Vermont A major research university. The university is home to over 9,040 undergraduates, 1,351 graduate students, 406 medical students and more than 1,292 full-and part-time faculty.
- Fletcher Allen Health Care Both a community hospital and, in partnership with the University of Vermont, the state’s academic health center.
- Champlain College A private, non-profit college with nearly 2,000 students.
- The Lake Champlain Region Chamber of Commerce Provides a wealth of information related to the greater Lake Champlain Valley Region.
- The Vermont Chamber of Commerce Provides information about the entire state.
- The Burlington Business Association Serves area business and our community by enhancing and promoting the economic vitality of Burlington.